Thanks for the reply.
I got this error message when I tried to start the jobtracker node.
 the jobtracker command is no longer supported.

Here are the details.

#  /hadoop/hadoop-2.3.0/sbin/hadoop-daemon.sh --config
/hadoop/hadoop-2.3.0/etc/hadoop start jobtracker
starting jobtracker, logging to
/hadoop/hadoop-2.3.0/logs/hadoop-root-jobtracker-whecdh5a.out
DEPRECATED: Use of this script to execute mapred command is deprecated.
Instead use the mapred command for it.
Sorry, the jobtracker command is no longer supported.
You may find similar functionality with the "yarn" shell command.
Usage: mapred [--config confdir] COMMAND
       where COMMAND is one of:
  pipes                run a Pipes job
  job                  manipulate MapReduce jobs
  queue                get information regarding JobQueues

or
# su mapred - -c "/hadoop/hadoop-2.3.0/sbin/hadoop-daemon.sh --config
/hadoop/hadoop-2.3.0/etc/hadoop start jobtracker; sleep 25"
starting jobtracker, logging to
/hadoop/hadoop-2.3.0/logs/hadoop-mapred-jobtracker-whecdh5a.out
DEPRECATED: Use of this script to execute mapred command is deprecated.
Instead use the mapred command for it.
Sorry, the jobtracker command is no longer supported.
You may find similar functionality with the "yarn" shell command.
Usage: mapred [--config confdir] COMMAND
       where COMMAND is one of:
  pipes                run a Pipes job
  job                  manipulate MapReduce jobs
  queue                get information regarding JobQueues

# cat mapred-site.xml
<configuration>
<property>
 <name>mapred.job.tracker</name>
 <value>jobtrackerhost:6021</value>
</property>
<property>
 <name>mapred.local.dir</name>
 <value>/hadoop/data23/mapred/local</value>
</property>
 <property>
    <name>mapreduce.framework.name</name>
    <value>classic</value>