Hi all,

I've created a release candidate RC1 for Apache Hadoop 2.7.3.

As discussed before, this is the next maintenance release to follow up 2.7.2.

The RC is available for validation at:
http://home.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.3-RC1/
<http://home.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.3-RC0/>

The RC tag in git is: release-2.7.3-RC1

The maven artifacts are available via repository.apache.org
<http://repository.apache.org/> at
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1045/
<https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1045/>

The release-notes are inside the tar-balls at location
hadoop-common-project/hadoop-common/src/main/docs/releasenotes.html. I hosted
this at home.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.3-RC1/releasenotes.html
<http://people.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.2-RC1/releasenotes.html> for your
quick perusal.

As you may have noted,
 - few issues with RC0 forced a RC1 [1]
 - a very long fix-cycle for the License & Notice issues (HADOOP-12893) caused
2.7.3 (along with every other Hadoop release) to slip by quite a bit. This
release's related discussion thread is linked below: [2].

Please try the release and vote; the vote will run for the usual 5 days.

Thanks,
Vinod

[1] [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.7.3 RC0:
https://www.mail-archive.com/hdfs-dev%40hadoop.apache.org/index.html#26106
<https://www.mail-archive.com/hdfs-dev%40hadoop.apache.org/index.html#26106>
[2]: 2.7.3 release plan:
https://www.mail-archive.com/hdfs-dev%40hadoop.apache.org/msg24439.html