I do kind of concur, but also think we need to consider whether its time to
increase the jackson 2.x version ( HADOOP-12705 ).

Whether we do or don't, there will be classpath conflicts with downstream apps
(hello HBase! Hello Spark!) —but we get them already.

All that staying on an older one is doing is stopping us pick up later versions
of other libraries (HADOOP-13050).

Of course, if people are happy with upgrading Jackson, there's an issue with
which one: 2.8.x appears to have some API compatibilities, which is
significant. I'm a lot happier with JAR updates that are at least compile time
compatible, as they don't break linking so much

On 2 Nov 2016, at 00:05, Zhe Zhang