+1 (non-binding)-Downloaded source.-Verified signatures.- Compiled the
source.-Ran sample jobs like MR sleep on pseudo distributed cluster. (Mac OS)
Thanks Junping and others!Regards,Kuhu
On Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 7:25:46 PM CDT, Junping Du <j...@hortonworks.com>
wrote:bq. From my read of the poms, hadoop-client depends on hadoop-hdfs-client
to pull in HDFS-related code. It doesn't have its own dependency on
hadoop-hdfs. So I think this affects users of the hadoop-client artifact, which
has existed for a long time.

I could miss that. Thanks for reminding! From my quick check:
https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.apache.hadoop/hadoop-client/2.7.3?, it
sounds like 669 artifacts from other projects were depending on it.

I think we should withdraw the current RC bits. Please stop the verification &
vote.

I will kick off another RC immediately when HDFS-11431 get fixed.

Thanks,

Junping