Thanks Subru for initiating this discussion.

Wanted to share some thoughts in the context of Timeline Service v2. The
current status of this module is that we are ramping up for a second merge
to trunk. We still have a few merge blocker jiras outstanding, which we
think we will finish soon.

While we have done some testing, we are yet to test at scale. Given all
this, we were thinking of initially targeting a beta release vehicle rather
than a stable release.

As such, timeline service v2 has branch-2 branch called as
YARN-5355-branch-2 in case anyone wants to try it out. Timeline service v2
can be turned off and should not affect the cluster.

thanks
Vrushali