Thanks Andrew for the comments. Answers below:

- There are no new APIs added in YARN/Hadoop core. In fact, all the new code
are running outside of existing system and they are optional and require users
to explicitly opt in. The new system’s own rest API is not stable and will be
evolving.
- We have been running/testing a version of the entire system internally for
quite a while.
- I’d like to see this in hadoop3-beta1. Of course, we’ll take responsibility
of moving fast and not block the potential timeline.

Jian

On Aug 16, 2017, at 10:29 AM, Andrew Wang