Hi folks,

Want to hear your thoughts about what we should do to make some branches
EOL. We discussed a couple of times before in dev lists and PMC list.
However, we couldn't get a formal process of EOL. According to the
discussion. It is hard to decide it based on time like "After 1st release,
EOL in 2 years". Because community members still want to maintain it and
developers still want to get a newer version released.

However, without a public place to figure out which release will be EOL, it
is very hard for users to choose the right releases to upgrade and develop.

So I want to propose to make an agreement about making a public EOL wiki
page and create a process to EOL a release:

The process I'm thinking is very simple: If no volunteer to do a
maintenance release in a short to mid-term (like 3 months to 1 or 1.5
year). We will claim a release is EOL. After EOL community can still choose
to do a security-only release.

Here's a list which I can think about:

1) 2.6.x (Or any release older than 2.6) (Last released at Oct 2016)
2) 2.7.x (Last released at Apr 2018)
4) 3.0.x (Last released at May 2018)

Thoughts?

Thanks,