Hi!

Apache Hadoop welcomes contributors from around the world. On behalf of the
Hadoop PMC, I am pleased to announce the creation of a new mailing list
user...@hadoop.apache.org.

The intent of this mailing list is to act as a place for users to ask
questions about Apache Hadoop in Chinese (Traditional/Simplified).
Individuals who feel more comfortable communicating in Chinese should feel
welcome to ask questions in Chinese on this list.

Over the past few years we have observed a healthy growing local user local
community in China. Evidence include the first ever Hadoop Community Meetup
<https://blogs.apache.org/hadoop/entry/hadoop-community-meetup-beijing-aug> in
Beijing hosted by the Apache Hadoop PMC last year. We hope that by creating
a Mandarin Chinese friendly mailing list will make the Apache Hadoop
project a more diverse community. We also hope that by doing so, will make
the Chinese users to operate in the Apache Way, and to serve as a bridge
between the local user community with the global community.

Please note that while the user-zh mailing list is set up for user
discussions in Mandarin, development discussions such as design and code
changes should still go to *-dev@, JIRAs and GitHub in English as is.

The mailing list is live as of now and the website
<https://hadoop.apache.org/mailing_lists.html> will be updated shortly to
include the mailing list. Any one can subscribe to this list by sending an
email to user-zh-subscr...@hadoop.apache.org. Non-subscribers may also post
messages after the moderators' approvals.

- Wei-Chiu Chuang (on behalf of the Apache Hadoop PMC)