Hi all,

André has developed a gadget to make the warping of maps a pleasure at this
stage.

Here's how to make sending files to the Warper easy:

1. Copy this line
//Wikimaps Gadget
importScriptURI("//
commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=User:Andr%C3%A9_Costa_%28WMSE%29/Gadget-Wikimaps.js&action=raw&ctype=text/javascript
");

and

2. Paste it in your common.js
(Replace [[Yourusername]] with your username)

https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=User:[[Yourusername]]/common.js&action=edit

This will give you a shortcut in the lefthand menu called "MapWarper". You
can click it in any filepage in the Commons to send the image to the Warper.

3. You will need to create a user account in the Warper. We are working on
enabling OAuth to make the access smooth.

Hope you will have a good time with warping!

Best regards,
Susanna

> This is more than enough for my needs as of today,
> thanks for pointing me at the right template to be added
>
> -Simone.
>
> On Thu, May 15, 2014 at 3:02 PM, Tim Waters <chippy2...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi Simone,
> >
> > The short answer is that currently the way to add a map from the Commons
> > the warper is to use the "map" template
> >
> > {{map|unwarped=yes}}
> >
> > See http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Wikimaps for some examples
> >
> > The longer answer is that it's a work in progress (isn't everything!)
> and so
> > the way it's added to the warper will change shortly.
> >
> > Hope this helps and thanks!
> >
> > Tim
> >

> > On 14 May 2014 22:17, Simone Cortesi <sim...@cortesi.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> hi,
> >> I've seen few maps on commons that I would like to warp with
> >> http://warper.wmflabs.org/
> >>
> >> how do I do that?
> >>
> >> it seems there is no way to select a commons image for that task
> >>
> >> any other warper around?
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Simone.

> --