From: Quim Gil <q...@wikimedia.org>
Date: Wed, Sep 23, 2015 at 12:43 PM
Subject: Re: [Wikitech-l] [Wikimedia-l] Only one week left for Individual
Engagement Grant proposals
To: Wikimedia developers <wikitec...@lists.wikimedia.org>

Hi, the new round of Wikimedia Individual Engagement Grants
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:IEG> is open until 29 Sep. For the
first time, technical projects are within scope, thanks to the feedback
received at Wikimania 2015, before, and after (T105414
<https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T105414>). If someone is interested in
obtaining funds to push this task, this might be a good way.

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:IEG/Reimagining_Wikipedia_Mentorship

> Your idea could involve building new tools or software, organizing a
better
> process on your wiki, conducting research to investigate an important
> issue, or providing other support for community-building.Whether you need
> small or large amount of funds (up to $30,000 USD) Individual Engagement
> Grants can support you and your team’s project development time in
addition
> to other expenses like travel, materials, and rental space. Project
> schedules and reporting are flexible for grantees, and staff are available
> on Meta to support you through all stages of your project.
>
> Do you have have an idea, but would like some feedback before applying?
Put
> it into the IdeaLab, where volunteers and staff can give you advice and
> guidance on how to bring it to life.  <
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:IdeaLab>  Once your idea is ready,
> it can be easily migrated into a grant request.  IEG Program Officer Marti
> Johnson and I will also be hosting several Hangouts for real-time
> discussions to answer questions and help you make your proposal better -
> the first will happen on September 8th. <
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:IdeaLab/Events#Upcoming_events>
>
> Please feel free to get in touch with Marti (mjohn...@wikimedia.org) or me
> with questions about getting started with your idea.
>
> We are excited to see your grant ideas that will support our community and
> make an impact on the future of Wikimedia projects.  Put your idea into
> motion, and submit your proposal this September! <
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:IEG#ieg-apply>
>

> With thanks,
>

> Chris
>
> --
> Chris "Jethro" Schilling
> I JethroBT (WMF) <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:I_JethroBT_(WMF)>
> Community Organizer, Wikimedia Foundation
> <https://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Home>

Quim Gil
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/User:Qgil