Hi there,

shouldn't be too complicated to include a WMS into one's own mapservice, no? But, don't know why, although I've already done this a couple of years ago, I don't succeed in a) finding the right way to program the map file code and b) finding a working WMS example. Many links are dead ( for example from this site: http://en.giswiki.net/wiki/WMS ), or without instructions.

Can someone point me to a working WMS server and give me a hint how the map file layer should look like? I've this here:

LAYER
  NAME modis
  TYPE RASTER
  STATUS ON
CONNECTION "http://onearth.jpl.nasa.gov/browse.cgi?wms_server=wms.cgi&layers=modis&srs=EPSG:4326 "
  CONNECTIONTYPE WMS
  METADATA
    "wms_srs"             "EPSG:4236"
    "wms_name"            "modis"
    "wms_format"          "image/jpeg"
  END
END

Thanks for any advice,

Stef

  Stefan Schwarzer

  Lean Back and Relax - Enjoy some Nature Photography
  http://photoblog.la-famille-schwarzer.de

  Appetite for Global Data? UNEP GEO Data Portal:
  http://geodata.grid.unep.ch