Folks, I've found the trick !

Where OGC SLD specification says :
<PropertyIsLike wildCard="*" singleChar="#" escapeChar="!">

MapServer wants :
<PropertyIsLike wildCard="*" singleChar="#" escape="!">

Using the first expression with MapServer causes the filter set with it to apply to every records.

Should I submit a ticket for this ?

Guillaume

Yewondwossen Assefa a écrit :
Guillaume,

Attaches is an sld I use for testing and mapsever returns the expected results. If you do not mind sharing your sld, you can send it to me and I can have a look.

Best Regards,

Guillaume Sueur wrote:
actually it helped me going further in my analysis :
when I use PropertyIsLike, it traps all the records, even those non matching with the pattern.
Is that a mapserver bug on WMS-SLD handling  ?

Thanks

Oscar Gomez a écrit :
Hi Guillaume,
In the past it worked for me, but I had to look very carefully at the symbology specification from OGC. Here you are my example: <sld:Rule>
* * <sld:Name />
*-* <http://www12.asphost4free.com/ogomez2/temp/wise.xml#> <sld:Title>
*-* <![CDATA[

* * ]]>
* * </sld:Title>
*-* <http://www12.asphost4free.com/ogomez2/temp/wise.xml#> <ogc:Filter>
*-* <http://www12.asphost4free.com/ogomez2/temp/wise.xml#> <ogc:PropertyIsLike wildCard="***" singleChar="*#*" escapeChar="*!*">
* * *> *
* * <ogc:PropertyName>*ORIGENAGUA*</ogc:PropertyName>
* * <ogc:Literal>*Subter**</ogc:Literal>
* * </ogc:PropertyIsLike>
* * </ogc:Filter>
*-* <http://www12.asphost4free.com/ogomez2/temp/wise.xml#> <sld:PolygonSymbolizer>
*-* <http://www12.asphost4free.com/ogomez2/temp/wise.xml#> <sld:Fill>
*-* <http://www12.asphost4free.com/ogomez2/temp/wise.xml#> <sld:GraphicFill>
*-* <http://www12.asphost4free.com/ogomez2/temp/wise.xml#> <sld:Graphic>
*-* <http://www12.asphost4free.com/ogomez2/temp/wise.xml#> <sld:Mark>
* * <sld:WellKnownName>*circle*</sld:WellKnownName>
*-* <http://www12.asphost4free.com/ogomez2/temp/wise.xml#> <sld:Fill>
* * <sld:CssParameter name="*fill*">*#A87000*</sld:CssParameter>
* * <sld:CssParameter name="*fill-opacity*">*1.0*</sld:CssParameter>
* * </sld:Fill>
* * </sld:Mark>
* * <sld:Size>*1*</sld:Size>
* * </sld:Graphic>
* * </sld:GraphicFill>
* * </sld:Fill>
*-* <http://www12.asphost4free.com/ogomez2/temp/wise.xml#> <sld:Stroke>
* * <sld:CssParameter name="*stroke*">*#A87000*</sld:CssParameter>
* * <sld:CssParameter name="*stroke-width*">*1*</sld:CssParameter>
* * <sld:CssParameter name="*stroke-opacity*">*1*</sld:CssParameter>
* * </sld:Stroke>
* * </sld:PolygonSymbolizer>
* * </sld:Rule>

I hope you find it useful. Best, Oscar