Well, I have no problems. I'm running the same version of MapServer 5.2,
however I think I'm only running IC 10.2. What I have in my map file is;

  LAYER
    GROUP "Switch Boundaries"
    NAME "Kentwood"
    TYPE POLYGON
    STATUS OFF
    CONNECTIONTYPE oraclespatial
    CONNECTION "username/[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
    PROCESSING "CLOSE_CONNECTION=DEFER"
    DATA "geom FROM (SELECT swt.switch_descr, sgt.geom FROM ms_switch_vw swt,
switch_geom_tab sgt WHERE swt.switch_id = sgt.switch_id AND swt.switch_id = 5)
USING SRID 8307"
    LABELITEM "switch_descr"
    METADATA
      "static_legend" "1"
    END
    DUMP true
    TRANSPARENCY 100
    CLASS
      MINSCALE 5200000
      MAXSCALE 41000000
      STYLE
        SYMBOL "circle"
        OUTLINECOLOR 80 80 80
        SIZE 1
      END
    END
    CLASS
      MINSCALE 0
      MAXSCALE 5200000
      STYLE
        SYMBOL "circle"
        OUTLINECOLOR 80 80 80
        SIZE 2
      END
    END
  END

I have many layers like this that work without a problem.

----
Timothy J Nolte - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Network Planning Engineer

iPCS Wireless, Inc.