G'day Daniel,

On 09/01/2009, at 10:47 PM, Daniel Morissette wrote:

You are correct that relative paths are not supported for MS_ERRORFILE. You could file a ticket about this, and if/when time permits we'll look at the implications of supporting relative paths in all possible scenarios and see if this could safely be added. i.e. it may be possible to get predictable results with a relative path only when setting MS_ERRORFILE in the mapfile but not when setting it via an environment variable, we'll have to see.

Thanks for the response, I have submitted it as a low priority enhancement (#2853), maybe just updating the documentation to clarify this point is enough for now. (Because I'm building on Mac OSX and deploying on FreeBSD, I'm a shameless user of relative references!)

cheers

Ben

--

Ben Madin