Dominik Schmid wrote:

PHP Warning: dl() [<a href='function.dl'>function.dl</a>]: MapScript: Unable to initialize module
Module compiled with module API=20050922, debug=0, thread-safety=0
PHP    compiled with module API=20060613, debug=0, thread-safety=0
These options need to match in ......

I made double sure that I compiled against the correct (new) version of PHP so that can't be the issue here. I have not found any information as to what else I can check or as to what else I could be doing wrong so I need to ask here.

There is not much else to check. This error really tells you that the php_mapscript.so you are loading was compiled for the wrong version of PHP.

Sounds like you need to make triple sure that you have installed and are compiling against the correct set of php-devel files: yum install the php-devel package for the right version of php and make sure you uninstall any previous version.

If that doesn't solve your problem then perhaps try sharing your MapServer configure options with us on the list...

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/