"," are used with WMS layers. MapServer layers must be separated by spaces " " :

layer = new OpenLayers.Layer.MapServer(
   "United States",
"http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv <http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv?us_states.map>",
   {
       map: "/path/to/your/map/us_states.map",
       layers: 'us_railsways us_states us_roads'
   },
   {gutter:15}
);

Also, don't forget the path of your map parameter ( see above ).

Alexandre

Rafael chacón wrote:
Hi, I would like to know how to add severals mapserver layers as my base layer for openlayers. Supose I have a mapfile with a layers us_states (with the states shapes) other for the roads (us_roads) , and other for the railsways (us_railsways). So, what I want to do is to have all this layers when openlayers loads. I'd been unable to do so... I was trying something like this but is not working:

layer = new OpenLayers.Layer.MapServer("United States",
"http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv?us_states.map";, {:layers: 'us_railsways,us_states, us_roads'}, {gutter:15});

map.addLayer....
--
Rafael Chacon,

"El hombre es la medida de todas las cosas". Protagoras

Alexandre Dubé
Mapgears
www.mapgears.com