Hi,

Just for clarification, are you trying to connect to some external WMS service
and cascade it through Mapserver?
And the WMS layers that fail look something like this:

LAYER
  NAME "prov_bound"
  TYPE RASTER
  STATUS ON
  CONNECTION "http://www2.dmsolutions.ca/cgi-bin/mswms_gmap?";
  CONNECTIONTYPE WMS
  METADATA
    "wms_srs"             "EPSG:42304"
    "wms_name"            "prov_bound"
    "wms_server_version"  "1.1.1"
    "wms_format"          "image/gif"
  END
END

What do you actually mean with "I have exported from QGIS. All layers are shape
files."?

-Jukka Rahkonen-