Hi,

Most valuable part of MapLab was that it was able to create an interactive
internet map application for total newbies. Mapfile creation was more like a
side effect. I think there is no other such easy to use application builder
than MapLab, but you can have a look at
http://maptools.org/ms4w/index.phtml?page=downloads.html for some alternatives.

-Jukka Rahkonen-