Hi,

You can set the IMAGECOLOR parameter for the map (see http://mapserver.org/mapfile/map.html), which sets the background colour for the map. Then your coloured polygons would be drawn on top of the background colour.

Regards,
--
Christy Nieman
GIS Technician

Ernesto Barrera wrote:

Hi there,

I'm dealing with a layer containing polygon data for a given country (shapefile).
Color inside the polygon can be easily set via COLOR style parameter.
I'm just looking for a way to apply color to the outside of the polygon (i.e.:, paint the surrounding sea in solid blue)

Is there such a method inside Mapserver?
Is there a way to 'reverse' the shapefile to indicate that the wanted feature is not inside the boudaries but the complementary area?

Thanks in advance,

PD.: My single layer is like this

LAYER
 NAME        mycountry
 DATA         mycountry.shp
 TYPE         POLYGON
 STATUS ON
   CLASS
     NAME       "boundaries"
     STYLE
       COLOR        255 0 0   # country area shown in red
     END
   END
END