Hi

I had successfully compiled and installed Mapserver recently but when I tried to run the Itasca demo I realised I had ommitted to configure with gdal. So I untarred fresh source files and ran a new configure, this time with gdal, thus:

./configure --with-ogr=/usr/local/bin/gdal-config --with-gdal=/usr/local/bin/gdal-config --with-httpd=/usr/sbin/httpd --with-wfsclient --with-wmsclient --enable-debug --with-curl-config=/usr/local/bin/curl-config --with-proj=/usr/local --with-tiff --with-gd=/usr/local/ --with-jpeg --with-freetype=/usr/local/lib/ --with-threads --with-php=/usr/include/php

The configure seemed to go OK but after doing make I tried to rum mapserv from the command line (./mapserv) and got the error:

error while loading shared libraries: libjpeg.so.7: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

When I check config.log it says "using libjpeg from system libs."

I then ran config again giving a path to where I know libjpeg.so resides I got "Could not find jpeglib.h or libjpeg.a/libjpeg.so/libjpeg.dylib in /usr/local/lib/." .... "using libjpeg from system libs."

Could someone kindly explain what is going on here? Many thanks.

Alan

database 4520 (20091018) __________

http://www.eset.com