Hi,

== problem ==

I'm pretty sure I saw this problem on the list somewhere, but I couldn't find the actual thread so here it is : while using agg & palette option, when there's no data to draw, instead of having the backgroundcolor drawn it's all black instead.
 How can I go around this problem ?

== my actual need ==

I want to produce smaller images. Currently, my getMap renders a 66K png image. With the palette, it's down to 17K but with a black background.

== ouputformat definition ==

   OUTPUTFORMAT
               NAME aggpng24
               DRIVER AGG/PNG
               MIMETYPE "image/png"
               IMAGEMODE RGB
               EXTENSION "png"
               FORMATOPTION "INTERLACE=OFF"
               FORMATOPTION "PALETTE_FORCE=ON"
               FORMATOPTION "PALETTE=/my/path/mypalette.txt"
               TRANSPARENT ON
               FORMATOPTION "TRANSPARENT=ON"
   END

--