I tested (and reported back to the ticket), that it looks good now.

On 07/13/2010 11:47 AM, Daniel Morissette wrote:
Christy Nieman wrote:
Attached is a sample.

With mapserver 5.6.3's shp2img, in the mapfile as provided, I get a thin
lines and small labels on them.  With 5.6.4's shp2img I get thicker
lines with larger labels.  If you uncomment the MAXSCALEDENOM in the
smallest scale class, in 5.6.3 you get nothing, in 5.6.4 you get the
same thick lines and large labels as in the first test.

Can you please test again with the fix that Alan just made? See
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/ticket/3173#comment:22

Daniel