On 03/08/2010 5:03 PM, Worth Lutz wrote:

Does MapServer support vector PDF output??

Also I am experimenting on ver. 5.6.3 with pdf output and am getting some output but it does not look like the png output. I also have not yet figured out why I sometimes get nothing for some layers. Still experimenting...

Can anyone point me to some examples?

Is the cairo/pdf output available in the svn trunk? If I compile that will I be able to experiment with it? Any advise on trying that?

If you want to experiment, you should try using the version in the sandbox (http://svn.osgeo.org/mapserver/sandbox/mapserver6/), instead of trunk. This sandbox will eventually be merged to trunk Ii uses the cairo library for the pdf output From what I can see, It seems to be in a good shape. Note that the imagetype to use is pdf. You can see an example of a pdf generated at http://www3.dmsolutions.ca/tmp/gmap-ms60.pdf

best regards,

Assefa Yewondwossen
Software Analyst

Email: yass...@dmsolutions.ca