On 9/17/2010 10:38 PM, Mark Korver wrote:
I think your "halos" are blacks that are not pure black.
Not 0/0/0, just close.

Thanks so much for the link to bpederse's article. The simple addition of "OFFSITE 0 0 0" replicated the effect I wanted, and with his "fuzziness hack" this will be even better. I'm having some other issues, but will bring them up when I've characterized them better.

Though I am still curious about the specific issue I was seeing. If the bands' values were 0/0/1 or similar, then combining BAND directives should have given me mixed cases where the black areas vanished or appeared, depending on which band was selected, yes? Instead, I was getting very clear cases of no-black for any 2 bands and yes-black for all 3.

--
HostGIS, Open Source solutions for the global GIS community
Greg Allensworth - SysAdmin, Programmer, GIS Person, Security

"No one cares if you can back up — only if you can recover."