Hello,

I have recently discovered MapServer and I wanted to get some advice about
setting up a new WMS. I have a data set that is several terabytes in size that
I'd like to serve.

As just a trial, I want to start with a single raster layer. Is there an
example of a MapServer setup that I can look at that only serves raster images
in the form of individual tiles? The raster examples I have seen use a single
image that MS apparently slices up on demand, but no such single image for my
data exists (it's far too big).

What is the recommended approach? I could write a script that can generate the
images on demand from the raw data - can these be passed to mapserv? I can also
pre-generate tiles of the whole data set. If I want to implement a zoom,
presumably I'd generate multiple sets of these at different scales? Would each
zoom level be a new layer?

I'm sure I'll have lots more questions, but this should start me on the right
path!

Cheers,
Demitri