On 11-06-27 01:14 PM, SixDegrees wrote:
We have a collection of NITF files that are missing coordinate system
information; they are essentially pixel-based. Elsewhere we have information
on the projections used. We are reluctant to modify the original NITF files,
but would like to display them through MapServer with the correct projection
information. If we provide a world file containing this information for each
NITF file, can we associate the two in the mapfile and have MapServer use
the world file information instead of fruitlessly pawing through the NITF
for it?

Six Degrees,

Yes, you should be able to drop a .wld or .nfw file next to the nitf file
to provide georeferencing.  If that doesn't work for some reason you
could provide a similar effect with a VRT file (email me directly for details
if needed).

Best regards,