It looks like the effective size of the text has changed. What happens if you
play with the font size in 6.0 and increase it a bit?

-----Original Message-----
From: mapserver-users-boun...@lists.osgeo.org
[mailto:mapserver-users-boun...@lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of Johan Forsman
Sent: Monday, May 07, 2012 10:32 AM
To: Lime, Steve D (DNR); Donald Kerr; mapserver-users@lists.osgeo.org
Subject: RE: [mapserver-users] Truetype font rendering changes?

No. Unfortunately none of the sites are accessible from the outside. The best I
can do are screenshots.

I attached two examples from the same Linux server. One is from the FGS95
(MS54) environment and the other (MS60) is under the "main" system environment.
Both samples are of Arial Narrow 7 point, and the image is rendered using the
following output format:

OUTPUTFORMAT
    NAME 'agg_q'
    DRIVER AGG/PNG
    IMAGEMODE RGB
    FORMATOPTION "QUANTIZE_FORCE=ON"
    FORMATOPTION "QUANTIZE_DITHER=OFF"
    FORMATOPTION "QUANTIZE_COLORS=256"
END

I freely confess to not knowing much about the various output formats. This one
I picked from the list some time long ago. I tried other formats also, both 8-
and 24-bit and both the AGG and Cairo drivers, but I have not noticed any clear
differences.

Thanks for any suggestions and I'll be glad to collect additional information
if needed.

Johan.