Dear Steve,

Thanks for your reply. And this is my first time posting, so forgive my
lack of information.

I'm running mapserver 6.0.3 with gdal 1.9.0 (compiled with libecwj) on
Ubuntu 12.04.

In both QGis 1.7.0 and Mapinfo 10.5 I tried to load both the original
image (both as tif and ecw), and the served image in the same viewer. As
I toggled between the images (after drawing some reference points) I
could see the image shifted slightly in relation to the reference point.
I did for several corners, and the shift seems to be somewhat
inconsistent, moving in several directions in different areas of the
image.

But assuming a bounding box model problem, how would I be able to find
such a thing out?

Fritz