Try adding +over to your epsg definition of 4326.  It fixed the problem for
me.
Mine looks like this now:

/usr/local/share/proj/epsg
<4326> +proj=longlat +ellps=WGS84 +datum=WGS84 +over +no_defs  <>

You might need to upgrade your version of PROJ4 for it to have an effect.

Jerl

On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 6:36 AM, Charlie Allgrove <
charlie.allgr...@connectionservices.com> wrote:

> Hi****
>
> ** **
>
> I have an issue which seems to relate to tile-edge buffering and
> world-view zoom levels.****
>
> ** **
>
> There's an example page at http://mapserver.magicsite.co.uk****
>
> ** **
>
> When you first visit the page, all seems normal, until you zoom out 1
> level, at which point the tile which should sit over the west of the US
> doesn't display.****
>
> From what I can see, when tile-edge buffering is ON and the tile next tile
> wraps around the world, the tile in question is not rendered.****
>
> Turn edge-buffering off and that tile is rendered correctly.
> Unfortunately, I'm in a position where I can't turn the buffering off.****
>
> ** **
>
> from the mapfile:
> WEB****
>
>     METADATA****
>
>         "wms_title" "xxxx"****
>
>         "wms_onlineresource" "xxxx"****
>
>         "wms_srs" "EPSG:4326"****
>
>         "tile_map_edge_buffer" "9" # 9 pixel rendering buffer****
>
>         "http_max_age" "86400"****
>
>     END****
>
>   END****
>
> ** **
>
> As far as I can tell, everything else is working correctly. ****
>
> What I'm not clear on - is this a bug in the edge buffering within the
> software, or am I doing something wrong?****
>
> ** **
>
> The server running the example URL is  currently using version 5.7-dev,
> but the same issue is also apparent on a production server running v6.0.2*
> ***
>
> ** **
>
> Interested to know if anyone else has experienced the same issue?****
>
> ** **
>
> Regards****
>
> ** **
>
> Charlie****
>
> ** **
>
> --****
>
> Charlie Allgrove****
>
> Senior Developer****
>
> ** **
>
> Connection Services :: Business Mobility for a Wireless World****
>
> ** **
>
> Connection Services Ltd is a company incorporated under the laws of
> England and Wales with company number 6520674 whose registered office is at
> Griffins Court, 24-32 London Road, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 1JX. The
> information in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential and may be
> legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee or addressees.
> If you are not an intended recipient, please delete the message and any
> attachments and notify the sender of misdelivery: any use or disclosure of
> the contents of either is unauthorised and may be unlawful. All liability
> for viruses is excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law. Any views
> expressed in this message are those of the individual sender. In accordance
> [...]

A computer without Windows is like chocolate cake without mustard.