The mapfile is loaded into memory and then MapScript acts upon those
structures. The original is unchanged.

Steve

From: mapserver-users-boun...@lists.osgeo.org
[mailto:mapserver-users-boun...@lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of Sowmya Tiramdasu
Sent: Thursday, August 02, 2012 4:10 PM
To: 'Mapserver-users'
Subject: [mapserver-users] changing opacity of a layer for a single client
using map server

Hi All,

I have a question relating to opacity of a layer. My requirement is to change
the opacity of a layer for a particular client. I thought, I can achieve this
using map script. But, one thing which is not clear to me is : If I change the
opacity of a layer through the map script , will the changes get reflected back
in to the map file and then to any other clients accessing that map file?

If I make changes to the existing map object using mapscript , will those
changes be reflected back on to the map file? Please someone clarify me this
point.

Thanks in advance!

-Sowmya.
Sowmya Tiramdasu