Hello,

I think the file issue is resolved.

It turns out the server was actually passing me three (3) separate
files in multipart MIME sequence.
Your comment about that made me look closer at what was coming back via the
web browser.

Files come in this sequence:

1.) the WCS metadata
2.) the ENVI header (HDR) file
3.) the ENVI data (IMG) file

I was being a bit thick I guess.
I kept wondering why the web browser was trying to give me the same file 3
times
on each GetCoverage request.

A second issue related to this is how to get mapserver to *Name*  the files
properly.  Each file sent by the mapserver is called  'wcs'  with no file
extension.
This is why I thought I was getting the same file 3 times.
  Is there a mapfile variable that can be set up to set the file names and
extensions
if ENVI multiband format is selected as the FORMAT for GetCoverage?

Thanks for pointing out the multi part MIME thing.
You probably saved me days of debugging and unproductive spinning.

Peter

Peter,

Hopefully Stefan Meissl will answer.  If not, poke me and I'll try to figure
it out.

For some versions of WCS multi-part responses are supported as long as GDAL
knows the files are associated.  Either in a zip or multi-part mime.

I'm a bit rusty on this now though.

Best regards,
Frank