Thanks Jeff but it happens with 3 layers and they are not in a GROUP.
If I request the legend on the  WMS directly it works.
It seems that mapcache is not sending the LAYER parameter in some
circumstances...

Jeff McKenna <jmcke...@gatewaygeomatics.com>@lists.osgeo.org
Envoyé par : mapserver-users-boun...@lists.osgeo.org
2014-05-08 10:34

cc

Objet
Re: [mapserver-users] MapCache and GetLegendGraphic

On 2014-05-08, 11:14 AM, steve.tout...@inspq.qc.ca wrote:

> It is working for zoom level 9 - 19....If I zoom out at level 8 to 0,
> the getLegendGraphics request returns this
> <?xml version='1.0' encoding="ISO-8859-1" standalone="no" ?>
> <!DOCTYPE ServiceExceptionReport SYSTEM
> "http://schemas.opengis.net/wms/1.1.1/exception_1_1_1.dtd";>
> <ServiceExceptionReport version="1.1.1">
> <ServiceException code="LayerNotDefined">
> msWMSGetLegendGraphic(): WMS server error. Mandatory LAYER parameter
> missing in GetLegendGraphic request.
> </ServiceException>
> </ServiceExceptionReport>

Ah I recently hit this same error with GetLegendGraphic requests to a
MapServer WMS layer.  I used the Nabble search in the MapServer forum,
to read how this generic error is thrown for MapServer layers that are
in a GROUP.  There are tickets and discussions about that.  Anyway, not
sure if it is related to your issue, but you could also search the
archives to see what I mean.
http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/MapServer-f4226623.html

-jeff

--