> here s the part of the mapfile :
>  LAYER
>       NAME emprise
>       STATUS on
>       TYPE POLYGON
>       CONNECTIONTYPE POSTGIS
>       CONNECTION "host=10.3.1.51 dbname=xxx user=xxx
>             password=xxx port=5432"
>       DATA "geom from activite.emprise using unique gid using srid = 2154"
>       TOLERANCE 1 #tampon autour du clic souris
>       TOLERANCEUNITS kilometers
>       VALIDATION
>               "numope" "^[A-Z]{1}[0-9]{6}$"
>               END #end validation
>       CLASSITEM "tpeope"

According to the source you need to define a validation pattern for qstring on
LAYER or in WEB section, too.
This looks a bit weird to me as you specify the QITEM. Therefore a single
validation pattern for QSTRING must cover all possible QITEM values... I've
never used such modes but may be some else can shed some light on this.