From: Lime, Steve D (MNIT)
Sent: Monday, June 02, 2014 5:50 PM
To: Basques, Bob (CI-StPaul); mapserver-users@lists.osgeo.org
Subject: RE: [mapserver-users] What is the default coordinate system used in
MapServer (if no projection is defined)?

MapServer has no default, it’s just uses a simple Cartesian coordinate system.
HOWEVER, the CGI does have some hooks that tries to auto-detect lat/lon
coordinates and automatically convert them to what’s set in the MAP’s
projection block. I believe that only kicks in if there is a projection block
defined.

How’d you trigger the message?

Steve