UPTATE mytable SET gradient_color = floor(gradient * 255)::text || ' 0 0';

Cheers

 Mtro. Carlos Ruiz

On Monday, June 23, 2014 4:59 PM, "Lime, Steve D (MNIT)"
<steve.l...@state.mn.us> wrote:

You can compute a color string using PostgreSQL string functions:

  SELECT percentage || ‘ 0 0’ AS color FROM …

Steve

From:mapserver-users-boun...@lists.osgeo.org
[mailto:mapserver-users-boun...@lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of Do Wi
Sent: Sunday, June 22, 2014 3:50 PM
To: mapserver-users@lists.osgeo.org
Subject: [mapserver-users] color attribute question

hi!

i have this scenario:
i have a column in my postgis table which contains a double representing a
percentage.

i want to color my polygons in a gradient fashion based on that number.

the docs states three ways to specify color:
1. three [1-255] numbers
2. hex string
3. [attribute]

but the attribute must be a string by itself in the same format as options 1 or
2.

how can i achieve something like

COLOR [percentage]*255 0 0
or