open your .dbf file and look at the paths inside (the file is binary but the
path are readable), the paths must be something mapserver can find based on
your mapfile SHAPEPATH, otherwise Mapserver will not succeed to access the
related images.
I would advice using the -write_absolute_path option (if thats not already the
case)

Hi all,

thanks in advance for any help on this.  I've been trying to create a layer
of tiled geotiffs.  I made a .shp file index with gdaltindex and am
referencing this in the layer.  When I run shp2img locally I get a correct
.png image, but when I try to call mapserv from a web browser with the url:

http://192.168.1.200/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/var/www/html/topex/srtm.map&layer=SRTM30_plus&mode=map

I get the following error:

msDrawMap(): Image handling error. Failed to draw layer named 'SRTM30_Plus'.
msDrawRasterLayerLow(): Unable to access file. Corrupt, empty or missing
file '/var/www/html/topex/../../data/SRTM/srtm30_plus_geotiff/topoN0E0.tiff'
for layer 'SRTM30_Plus'.

I have the same results trying to look at each of the GeoTIFFs individually.
Here is the mapfile I'm working with:

MAP
   NAME Global_Grid
   SIZE 1200 600
   UNITS dd
   EXTENT -180 -84 180 84
   CONFIG "MS_ERRORFILE" "/tmp/ms_error.txt"
   DEBUG 5

   LAYER
      NAME SRTM30_Plus
      STATUS DEFAULT
      TYPE RASTER
      TILEINDEX "../../data/SRTM/srtm_index.shp"
   END

END

I suspect it may be a permissions problem with the apache server, but I am
currently at a loss.  Any help would be appreciated.

--
Camptocamp SA
Oliver Christen

www.camptocamp.com