Andreas,

Thank you.

hmm, that's very interesting. Lets see if I understand correctly:

I observe that in the CLASS EXPRESSIONs in a Postgis layer NULL is treated
as zero for numeric fields. So NULL gets visualized in the class where zero
is visualized. In my opinion that is not very desirable. I actually would
expect a default behaviour where NULL values will not match any CLASS
EXPRESSION.

In Mapserver 6 we luckily had the FILTER option to filter out the NULL
values to remedy this behaviour. Not very elegant but very doable.

Now in Mapserver 7 we lost the FILTER option and have to write a subselect
in the DATA statement to get rid of NULL values. That seems to be a rather
complicated solution for something which seems to be a very common task.

Or am I missing something and is there a way to avoid that NULL values end
up as being treated as 0?

MArco