Hi,

It is not impossible but you need to think differently. You can make a symbol
that contains two copies of your icon placed so that the desired offsets are
baked in.  See http://www.mapserver.org/_images/polygon-symbol-fill.png and the
attached grass symbol.

-Jukka Rahkonen-

Tamas Szekeres wrote:

Hi,

We are trying to implement polygon fills with symbols where the X and Y offset
between the symbols are different. But it seems impossible, since we can
specify a single GAP setting (the same for both directions). I might also think
to specify edge to edge fill by not specifying GAP, but that would invole the
need of specifying the symbol (container) size in both directions, but that is
not possible either.

Do we have further options to achieve the desired result? (ie. to arrange the
symbol using different offsets vertically and horizontally).

Thanks,

Tamas