Indeed it does - interesting feature! What does the layer definition for
rt_ofc.10k88 look like?

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrea Peri [mailto:aperi2...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, September 16, 2016 9:55 AM
To: Lime, Steve D (MNIT) <steve.l...@state.mn.us>
Cc: mapserver-users@lists.osgeo.org
Subject: Re: [mapserver-users] Fwd: [Qgis-user] Wrong retrieving of wms legend

The question s about the legend retrieved from qgis using a
getlegendgraphic request when add a wms to a canvas.
The trouble is issuing when the ortophoto is grouped using a
"wms_layer_group" setting and has no any style defined in it.

As example, you can you try to connect to our mapserver wms of
ortophotos using the last qgis 2.16 or 2.14.5 ?

This is the url:
http://www502.regione.toscana.it/wmsraster/com.rt.wms.RTmap/wms?map=wmsofc
and the layer to choose is the "rt_ofc.10k88"

As you can see the qgis will retrieve ALL the legends of ALL the
vector layers available in the same wms service.
I don't understand if the wrong response is from mapserver or from
qgis that wrongly require the legend to the parent layer, rretrieving
so all the legends from all the layers availables.

A.

And add to a empty canvas the