Don't use the geotransform labelpnt, in fact don't label it:

  symbol
    name "arrow-north"
    type truetype
    font arrows
    character ""
    filled true
  end
  LABEL
    CLASS
      STYLE
        COLOR "#444488"
        SIZE 8
      END
    END
    CLASS
      STYLE
        SYMBOL "arrow-north"
        GAP -60
        ANGLE -90
        COLOR "#555555"
        SIZE 8
      END
    END
  END

-Steve W

On 2/27/2017 4:04 AM, Björn Danielsson wrote:
Interesting discussion!
I have an issue with geotransform 'labelpnt' I so far have failed to solve.

Consider a line that depicts a creek. Sometimes it is important to show
the direction of flow. That is mostly achieved on maps by placing arrows
along the creek showing which way the water flows.

I have tried to use LABEL and GEOMTRANSFORM 'labelpoint' with an arrow
symbol and where the label has no text but has REPEATDISTANCE and ANGLE.
Problem is that the symbol is not affected by ANGLE ( neither FOLLOW,
AUTO or AUTO2 ). Does anybody know how to rotate labelpoint symbols or
is it not possible?.

Plan B is to use a LABEL with TEXT = ">" which works fine but is not
that elegant.

Björn D