Thanks for reporting, Thomas.
I have added a documentation issue for RFC98.

Håvard

On 10. aug. 2017 09:28, thomas bonfort wrote:
Dave,
The Noto font aims at resolving this issue: https://www.google.com/get/noto/

Aside from that mapserver supports language specific fonts. This needs documenting aside from what can be found in the RFC http://mapserver.org/development/rfc/ms-rfc-98.html (which has a typo, use s/LABEL/FONT/)

FONT "arialuni,en:arial,ja:cjk,ar:arabic"

will use a specific font for a given language code. Collecting all the fonts and mapping them to all the language codes for a worldwide osm db will be a tiresome job...

cheers,
Thomas