Hi Jukka

> I guess the WMS 1.3.0 standard, page 15:

> “Every Layer CRS has an identifier that is a character string. Two types of
> Layer CRS identifiers are permitted:
> “label” and “URL” identifiers:
> ⎯ Label: The identifier includes a namespace prefix, a colon, a numeric or
> string code, and in some instances a comma followed by additional parameters.
> This International Standard defines three namespaces: CRS, EPSG and AUTO2, as
> discussed below.
> publicly-accessible file containing a definition of the CRS that is compliant
> with ISO 19111.

So I can see the reasoning behind MapServer reporting in a GetMap error message
that it only supports CRS, EPSG and AUTO2, but the same WMS page also says
"This international standard does not mandate support for any particular Layer
CRS(s).  I take that to read that it should be possible to add support for
other CRS outside of those CRS authorities, so ArcGIS WMS might support CRS
from ESRI: namespace (CRS authority) for example.

The reason I say GetMap and not GetCapabilities is that it is possible to
create a new authority, and reference it in a map file, such that the
GetCapabilities response can report it supports a user defined CRS and work out
the bounding box extents, it's just when you make a GetMap request, it doesn't
work.   This is probably the makings of an enhancement request, but perhaps
rather than saying MapServer should support any named CRS authority we could
suggest to have a user: authority for all custom systems.  User: is used by
QGIS for example.

James

This email and any attachments are intended solely for the use of the named
recipients. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose,
copy or distribute this email or any of its attachments and should notify the
sender immediately and delete this email from your system.
UK Research and Innovation has taken every reasonable precaution to minimise
risk of this email or any attachments containing viruses or malware but the
recipient should carry out its own virus and malware checks before opening the
attachments. UK Research and Innovation does not accept any liability for any
losses or damages which the recipient may sustain due to presence of any
viruses.
Opinions, conclusions or other information in this message and attachments that
are not related directly to UK Research and Innovation business are solely
those of the author and do not represent the views of UK Research and
Innovation.