On Sat, Mar 30, 2019, at 4:07 PM, Andy Colson wrote:
On 3/30/19 7:23 AM, Seth G wrote:
Hi all,

The MapServer team is happy to announce the release of the first beta for
MapServer 7.4.0.
Download links are at
https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/releases/tag/rel-7-4-0-beta1

If there are users of the Perl, Ruby, Java, and TCL bindings who would like to
get involved in supporting and maintaining these bindings please get in touch!

A working build process and example scripts in each language would help bring
the level of support for each langauge inline with the others.

Best regards,

The MapServer PSC and Developers

I host lots of maps using perl mapscript.  I'm happy to contribute with
whatever you need.

-Andy

On 3/31/2019 3:45 PM, Seth G wrote:> Hi Andy,

> Thanks for the offer!
> I have opened a new issue up at https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/issues/5777 > This hopefully details the steps required to build Perl MapScript on every change to the MapServer codebase. > There are also the Perl examples at https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/tree/branch-7-4/mapscript/perl/examples that it would be helpful to review and check that they are still working before running on each build.
> Feel free to ask any questions,
>
> Seth
>
> --
> web:http://geographika.co.uk
> twitter: @geographika

The examples seem more like a teaching tool, not a testing tool, yes? RFC24.pl seems like a good test script, but I'd rather use standard perl TAP test framework. Ok if I use Test::More? It comes standard with perl. Then you test with "prove" (also standard)

Should test scripts go in mapserver/mapscript/perl, or mapserver/msautotest/perl?

-Andy