@ Lars Schylberg

Thank you for your valuable hint and the very fast reply, I just got out of another task and tried immediately.

Apache2 error.log now gives me:
HTTP: Fetch(http://...?VERSION=1.1.0&SERVICE=WFS)
HTTP: libcurl/7.58.0 GnuTLS/3.5.18 zlib/1.2.11 libidn2/2.0.4 libpsl/0.19.1 (+libidn2/2.0.4) nghttp2/1.30.0 librtmp/2.3
HTTP: These HTTP headers were set: Accept: text/plain, application/json
GeoJSONSeq: First pass: 100.00 %
GDAL: GDALOpen(http://...?VERSION=1.1.0&SERVICE=WFS, this=0x565136f44fe0) succeeds as GeoJSONSeq.
GDAL: GDALClose(http://...?VERSION=1.1.0&SERVICE=WFS, this=0x565136f44fe0)

That does not really look like an error. The error displayed in the browser however remains the same.

@ Jeff McKenna
Thank you for taking thought upon this. Unfortunately the remote server only supports WFS 1.1.0 and up while to my knowledge mapserver only has native client support for WFS 1.0.0 . A colleague from a partner company has tried with 1.1.0 and the spacial filtering did not work. If there is a native way to use WFS 1.1.0 as client, I will be happy to check it out.

Best

Lars

SkenData GmbH