Rich,

Do you have the php-dev package installed?

-Steve W

On 4/21/2019 9:17 AM, Richard Greenwood wrote:
Seth,

I don't think this helps your issue with Travis, but just for the record, I still can't get PHPNG to build on Ubuntu 18.04. The legacy PHP builds fine. I've tried building PHPNG on two Ubuntu 18.04 machines with slightly different PHP configurations (one has PHP 7.2 from the Ubuntu repo, the other has PHP 7.2 from deb.sury.org <http://deb.sury.org>). On both I get:

    Building C object
    mapscript/phpng/CMakeFiles/php_mapscriptng.dir/mapscriptPHP7_wrap.c.o
    cc: error:
    /rwg/src/mapserver-7.4.0-beta2/build2/mapscript/phpng/mapscriptPHP7_wrap.c:
    No such file or directory
    cc: fatal error: no input files

ccmake issues the following warnings:

     PHPUNIT_EXECUTABLE             */usr/local/bin/phpunit
     PHP_CONFIG_EXECUTABLE          */usr/bin/php-config
     PHP_LIBRARY                    *PHP_LIBRARY-NOTFOUND

I've taken a few guesses at setting paths for PHP_LIBRARY but no luck and I don't really know what I'm doing.

Rich