Styling of WFS services happens on the client-side. For example, see this WFS-client layer example, where you can set any color that you wish for this 'continents' layer that is served through a remote WFS service : https://www.mapserver.org/ogc/wfs_client.html#example-wfs-layer You can copy/paste that entire layer into your own mapfile (and change the COLOR values) and then execute it with a shp2img command, to see what I mean.

Hope that helps,

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
GatewayGeo: Developers of MS4W, MapServer Consulting and Training
co-founder of FOSS4G
http://gatewaygeo.com/

On 2021-05-31 7:20 a.m., mathias cunault via mapserver-users wrote:
Hello,
It seems that styling a WFS is nonsense according to what I found on the net (?). And I couldn't do it until now. But in Mapserver doc there is an example with a WFS and a style https://www.mapserver.org/ogc/wfs_server.html <https://www.mapserver.org/ogc/wfs_server.html>. So I am a bit confused : is there a way to stylize a WFS layer or I misunderstand the doc ?
Thanks

--
/Mathias Cunault/