Reposted from https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/410874/mapserver-7-4-3-poor-projection-from-british-national-grid-epsg-27700-to-web

We have PostGIS data in BNG and are displaying it over Google satellite imagery.

This worked fine previously - using a Ubuntu server running 18.04, with MapServer 7.0.7, GDAL 2.2.3, proj 4.9.3.

This server is long out of date and we have a new one running 20.02, with MapServer 7.4.3, GDAL 3.0.4 and proj 6.3.1. However this is projecting the BNG layers incorrectly (~200m ESE).

This appears to be similar to the issue reported at https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/issues/3695 <https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/issues/3695> although that claims the problem only arose after proj 7.2.1

I have installed the updated transform OSTN15_NTv2_OSGBtoETRS.gsb but this had no effect.

Is there a way to update the transforms used by MapServer or get MapServer to pass the transformation to PostGIS ?

Thanks

Ben