Hi,

Following Jukka's advice on my elevation point query, I am trying to use
WMS GetFeatureInfo,

I've mostly got it working but have a few more questions.  (I am using MS4W
4.0.5 which includes MapServer 7.7.0)

I added a LAYER to my WMS map file:

  LAYER
    PROCESSING "RESAMPLE=BILINEAR"
    NAME SRTM_3_arc-second_grid
    METADATA
      "wms_title"           "SRTM - 3 arc-second grid"
      "ows_extent"          "-125 24 -66 50"
      "wms_include_items"   "all"
    END

    TYPE RASTER
    STATUS ON
    TILEINDEX "srtm_3_hgt-index.shp"
    TILEITEM "Location"
    TEMPLATE "../template.html"
    PROJECTION
      "init=epsg:4326"
    END
  END

and an empty template except for the
<!-- MapServer Template -->
line. Here's my query:

http://localhost:8080/wms? SERVICE=WMS& VERSION=1.3.0&
REQUEST=GetFeatureInfo& LAYERS=SRTM_3_arc-second_grid& CRS=EPSG:4326& BBOX=
42.94,-122.09,42.95,-122.08& WIDTH=2& HEIGHT=2& X=1& Y=1&
QUERY_LAYERS=SRTM_3_arc-second_grid
This works fine and returns the elevation I am expecting. However, the
MapServer log complains about a "degenerate rect" every time:

[Tue Nov  2 07:58:44 2021].66000 msProjectRect(): Warning: degenerate rect
{-122.082500,42.942500,-122.082500,42.942500}

What am I doing wrong here?   As I posted originally, I am really only
interested in a point here.

Thank you very much,

carl