-Jukka Rahkonen-

Lähettäjä: MapServer-users <mapserver-users-boun...@lists.osgeo.org> Puolesta
Carl Godkin
Lähetetty: keskiviikko 12. tammikuuta 2022 17.13
Vastaanottaja: Mapserver-Users (mapserver-users@lists.osgeo.org)
<mapserver-users@lists.osgeo.org>
Aihe: Re: [mapserver-users] WCS layer units question...

Thanks for the reply, Jukka.

I found "wcs_band_uom" in the docs but I can't seem to make the value I put
into my map file appear in the DescribeCoverage output.  (The link you sent
doesn't work for me.)

I do see this though:

<swe:field name="band">
<swe:Quantity>
<swe:nilValues/>
<swe:uom code="W.m-2.Sr-1"/>
<swe:constraint>
<swe:AllowedValues>
<swe:interval>-3.4028e+38 3.4028e+38</swe:interval>
<swe:significantFigures>12</swe:significantFigures>
</swe:AllowedValues>
</swe:constraint>
</swe:Quantity>
</swe:field>

The "swe:uom code" would seem to be what I want to affect.  For some reason I
see the value "watts per square meter per steradian" which appears nowhere in
my map file so I wonder if it's some sort of default baked into the code or
something.  (I had seen that before but hadn't bothered to try to figure out
what it was until just now.  That's weird.)

Thanks for your help,

carl

On Tue, Jan 11, 2022 at 11:57 PM Rahkonen Jukka (MML)
<jukka.rahko...@maanmittauslaitos.fi<mailto:jukka.rahko...@maanmittauslaitos.fi>>
 wrote:
Hi,

WCS users are supposed to read the metadata with DescribeCoverage, for example
https://avoin-visukuva.nls.fi/ortokuvat-ja-korkeusmallit/wcs/v1?service=WCS&version=2.0.1&request=DescribeCoverage&coverageID=ortokuva_vari
The units can be configured in the mapfile with “wcs_band_uom”. I do not know
if it is possible to configure the outputformat to write uom also into the
TIFF. That is something that GDAL should do.

-Jukka Rahkonen-