here are some quick ideas which tools could be interesting in this context:

If you want to start with python (or php) then I would think about using mapserver based on mapscript.
https://mapserver.org/mapscript/index.html
You can use ogr2ogr to easily create shapefiles.
For meteorological analysis the time parameter for WMS services is useful.
For leaflet there is a plugin: https://github.com/socib/Leaflet.TimeDimension

Happy mapserving
Sven